CalState TEACH Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CalState TEACH Community

A place where CalState Teach Credential Candidates can share information, ask questions and swap ideas

You are not connected. Please login or register

How's your financial aid experience?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How's your financial aid experience? Empty How's your financial aid experience? Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:10 pm

MollyMcCann

MollyMcCann
Admin

I know Dr. Peyton said we'd get financial aid info last week. Are you all having good financial aid experiences? I need to call the office, and I can only imagine it may be an hour hold time. Maybe I'm just expecting the worst based on my undergrad experience.

2How's your financial aid experience? Empty Has anyone received financial aid info? Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:05 pm

ruthrichardson

Hi Molly, it is 10/30 and I still have no financial aid info. I log into GET frequently but cannot find anything.I do not have time to call during the day. I finally just e-mailed Dr Peyton. I am afraid I have missed something!

3How's your financial aid experience? Empty Re: How's your financial aid experience? Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:48 am

Mary Clare Navalta

Hey all,

I've had issues with financial too.

It turns out that if you accept any loans, you have to complete a MPN and loan entrance counseling, both on studentloans.gov and this was what was holding up disbursement of my loans, if that's any help to you guys.

Also, I was having issues with viewing fin aid info on GET, so I contacted Ronnie about this and now everything's fine. Very Happy

Hope this helps!

4How's your financial aid experience? Empty Thank-you Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:35 pm

ruthrichardson

thank-you Mary Claire, I finally e-mailed Ronnie and Dr. Levin, I think they are trying to figure it out. I cannot see anything on GET either.

5How's your financial aid experience? Empty financial aid and GET problems resolved Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:25 pm

ruthrichardson

I finally gave in and took time off of work to make the call. I spent 45 minutes on hold and then 1/2 hour with someone who said i was missing a form which would take 4-6 weeks to process. I finally insisted that if such a form were necessary Dr. Peyton would have had me fill it out, and I asked if there was someone else I could speak to. She left and came back apologizing because i did not need that form. She finally transferred me to Rhoda Posey who is in charge if aid for Cal State Teach. After trying several times to log onto my GET we figured out that the "vote for student council" heading was obscuring my information. I pushed "cancel" and all my info came up!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum