CalState TEACH Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CalState TEACH Community

A place where CalState Teach Credential Candidates can share information, ask questions and swap ideas

You are not connected. Please login or register

QUESTION I HAVE HAD BUT WAS AFRAID TO ASK

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1QUESTION I HAVE HAD BUT WAS AFRAID TO ASK Empty QUESTION I HAVE HAD BUT WAS AFRAID TO ASK Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Rosaria Campanile-Minneci

Hi Molly,
I am wondering...about a month ago, did you receive a box with manipulatives and a poster? I am still wondering what I'm supposed to do with the manipulatives- it says that they are for the overhead and it looks like they would be used mostly for math,...but I'm afraid to ask -- are we supposed to be using those in the field work we are doing,...or...are they just for certain grade levels? or...what?...
I am baffled.
Thanks for your help,
Rosaria

MollyMcCann

MollyMcCann
Admin

Instead of directing questions towards me, (I'm only one clueless person), let's direct it to the group.

CAN ANYONE HELP ANSWER ROSARIA'S QUESTION?

personally, I never even got my materials!!! When I call the CST office about it they said they were sent weeks and weeks ago, but that doesn't help me. They must've been lost in the mail.

3QUESTION I HAVE HAD BUT WAS AFRAID TO ASK Empty They were sent Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:36 pm

higa0801

Don't be afraid to ask. I got mine, so did Daniela, but not Barbara. We all work together. When our Faculty Advisor came to observe us, she brought the materials to Barbara.

I have not used them yet. They might come in handy for when I am teaching full time, but they are intended to be a gift or given to us as aides for when we need them. They are very costly and used to come in the big box of materials before we went to the iPad.

I finally figured out how to use this Forum, so talk about being clueless.

And does anyone know what the heck to do for Activity 7.02? Let me know.

We are almost there. So need a break.

Hilde

MollyMcCann

MollyMcCann
Admin

Hilde, (is that you?) Welcome! We need you on here!

Thanks for your comments about the box. I need to get my hands on one because you're probably right...we'll need them more down the line.

7.02. Just finished it yesterday. I was so confused so I just decided to jump in and start working. There are "6 General Guidelines for Assessment" that are all listed in Appendix 7.02. Use your appendix for reference. For each one, give an activity/strategy for assessment that you would use in your own teaching. For example: "5. Needs to include the learner: I would use a Journal assessment because it allows the student to have control over his/her communication and expression"...something like that maybe? (I went into a little detail too, but again, it's just my best guess). You have to really dive into the readings to find examples and information on each one, and they're not always spelled out for you.
Then, read the final reading and add three more of your own assessments based on the reading, and focus them around math.

Good luck! Hope that helps!

I NEED TO BE ON VACATION. (and my husband is @ ucla and in finals. we pass each other in the hall and just shake our heads)
We're almost there Term 1ers!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum